Thursday, November 10, 2011

Fiddle Faddle is for the birds! Easy Caramel Corn Recipe

DIY Caramel Corn

Ingredients
  • 2 bags microwave popcorn
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 200 degrees
Pop your popcorn and lay it out on baking sheets.

Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, salt and butter and bring to a boil.
Boil for 4 minutes, stirring contantly.
Remove from heat and quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla.
Pour over your popcorn and then stir it all around on your baking sheet to make sure it's coated.
Pop in the oven & let it bake for 1 hour.
You will need to remove it from the oven every 15 minutes and give it a good stir!
When it's done, pour it onto your counter on some waxed paper and separate it.
Once it's dry, store it in air tight containers or ziplocks.

Now, nom nom nom!
Or, ya know, portion it into bags or containers to give to friends and family.
The choice is yours :)

6 love notes:

  1. Oh wow! And yumster come to mind. That and my butt is growing as I type!!!!! Love it. Not the butt part but the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! Definitely saving it to use for the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I myself am not one for caramel corn, but my family and boyfriend love it. I might just make them a batch... If I'm feeling nice at the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Fiddle Faddle and Crunch n Munch are the greatest snacks known to mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love caramel popcorn! I remember being younger and having microwave popcorn that came with a caramel sauce, but no idea if they still make it. Although making it myself is definitely sounding like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy and perfect for snaking during the holidays or in little gift bags for hostess gifts!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!