Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hot Mess Princess

Yesterday I woke up thinking "Today will be a good day!  What could go wrong?" 
SO SILLY OF ME.
 After rushing to get both myself and my niece ready to leave, MR and I strapped the tot in the car and headed off to his nieces 4th Birthday party.  About 20 solid minutes into the party, while trying to keep children safe, I hurt my ankle.(Classic.)  The party was at a gymnastics place and as I was walking to bring my niece to the trampoline and the pad that I was walking on caved.  I don't know how else to explain it.  There was a drop off in a place that you couldn't tell it was dropping off and my ankle rolled right down into it and then I heard a sweet little pop.  The ankle hurting went unseen and I carried on holding my nieces hand and walking her to the trampoline.  I called MR over to where i was standing, filled him in and then went and sat down.  I could put a little weight on it to walk and I don't think anyone noticed my injury.  Mission accomplished.
As we were leaving the party though, the pain increased.  As we arrived at MR's Sister's home for the family "after party", MR opened my door only to find me in tears.  Moving my foot had become completely unbearable.  I was promptly turned back to face the dashboard and told "We are going home."
Now, let me tell you something you may not know about me.  Pain and I?  We are not friends.  I don't handle it well AT. ALL.   I am a big old puddin' pop and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  

Thanks to my hot male nurse, I am getting by okay.  A pair of crutches(for visits to the restroom only) and some serious ace bandaging later, and your girl is propped up in bed like a hot mess princess.  The pain has subsided a ton, but I am afraid to move too much just yet and mess it up more.
However, today's goal IS to at some point leave the bed and find the sun.  I can't stand being cooped up on a pretty day!
Marilyn Monroe on crutches
I may not be completely suited up like Marilyn... a pair of shorts and the back yard would do just fine :)

Reasons my fella is tops:

Ice, heat, ice, heat, ice, heat... every thirty minutes.

He delivered dinner straight to the bed- where I was found starving, ferociously pinning recipes on pinterest and drooling.  I looked hot.

He understood my tears were part pain, part hatred of helplessness and let me cry them all out.

He says things like: "If this had happened to me instead of you, I might take the pain better, but would out baby you by miles."  Bless his heart.

He didn't make fun of me when I turned on Friends.  He can't stand Friends and can never handle hearing the laugh track they constantly play... but not a peep.  Okay, maybe a LOOK, but not a peep.  This is pretty serious for him ;)

So, if you have a tiny extra prayer- please pray for some healing on this ankle of mine.  I know it's so minuscule compared to some things we all have to pray for, but it's my pedal foot.  For the car and the sewing machine!  I work behind a sewing machine all day and then drive to the post office to send off the creations that come from said sewing machine.  I need this bad boy better, like, well... now would be pretty great!  And I mean, if you're throwing prayers around... throw one in for my sweet Step Dad too.  He also injured his ankle.  His much worse than mine!  He has been trying to recover for weeks from a nasty accident with a garden edger.








5 love notes:

  1. praying for you sweet thing. til then enjoy all that nursing :)



    love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw no! That is awful. I'm sorry... but at least you have a great nurse. ;)
    Get better quick.
    God heals all things- even sad little ankles. :)
    Feel better.
    Ky
    www.thebirdssay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pain to have to deal with! Especially since it happened at a party where you're supposed to be having fun. I hope your ankle is stating to feel better and you're good as new sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Lacey! I'm so sorry to hear about your injured ankle. Glad to hear MR is taking good care of you though. I'll be praying for your speedy recovery, my dear. (And your stepdad's too!) Feel better soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont' you love having a Hot Male Nurse on Duty pretty much every time you need him?? My MR does this too, because he knows that I would get up at 2am and drive to CVS to get him medicine if he needed it (I've done this before)..so he wants to extend his helping had back. Gotta Love our Boys.. :)

    As for Prayer, I have room for you in mine. I pray the pain goes away for your ankle and that you are back on your feet in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!