Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can you own it?

[via me...the picture not the saying]
If someone could just explain to me how that's done,
that would be awesome.


I was reading this blog recently
& saw this little phrase(she was feeling unsure about it as well) and it got me thinking.
Mmm hmm, this is where I tell you what I think. It's my blog, I can do that. Boo Yah!
I think this can only be your mantra if you already have
key pieces of your life in order... because I'm going through something right now that makes this mantra very hard to apply or live by. I'm not ready to talk about it just yet, but ya know...
it'll all find it's way here eventually. Not the point in this post really anyway ;)
What about you? Do you feel you're at a place in your life where you can really own this saying?

16 love notes:

  1. Ummm... I have no idea what this means. It says to me, "Be free today, do not worry about tomorrow BUT, you need to be organized and have To-Do Lists for tomorrow.." Am I reading into it wrong? What's that English class where you have to read between the lines? Yeah... I don't know how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone can own this saying - you just have to give up being upset by the past. Once you are no longer constantly going over whats already done... the rest is easier.

    not that letting go of the past i easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definitely am not in a place in my life where i can apply this saying...i tend to live my life in the future...always looking towards the upcoming...what's next...and while i try hard not to i have some big changes coming up in three months and i can't help but yearn for it to be here now...so nope i definitely am not living for the day...i am mostly definitely planning for tomorrow...

    hope what's going on is good stuff and not the bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this saying applies to me so much more today than it did even 4 months ago. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, I can't but I am always going through something I have not shared with my pretty readers too. It will come out....the truth usually does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not right now. but I think I take a step towards it each day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think there are some days that I could use this, but others not so much...today is one of those days! I have plans today that I will accomplish and it's going to help me for my future.

    Maybe it means live TODAY in a way that gets you to where you would like to be TOMORROW???

    ReplyDelete
  8. you know what...i really think i am. all the major pieces of furniture in my life are set...now its just about organizing them and decorating my life. does that make sense? it did in my head! but yes....i think at this point i can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This phrase has always confounded me too, so when you figure it out, please enlighten me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I am at this place. And it took years to get here. It was well worth the journey...a delightful state of being.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you. I think there are so many cliche sayings around that we feel the pressure to live up to them every single day and it's just not possible. I hope everything is ok, love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I say that I am just absolutely happy you found me, because I absolutely love your blog. You are amazing and I would LOVE for you to gp for me! Thanks for the prayers girly! Seriously though, I totally get this saying in my life right now. I just need to start doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i feel like i'm in a good place but i have to say i can only own half that saying. the live for today part. planning for tomorrow stresses me out, ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So I just found your blog and I love it! I'm a new follower :-)

    I like this quote.. To me it means I need to stop living and dwelling on the past and be happy with how things are now and look forward to the positive things in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. NO, sadly. I really wish I were.

    ReplyDelete
  16. girl, i have a whole binder of house ideas and pictures. i am really off my rocker. i have them all organized by rooms, decorating ideas for each holiday, paint colors, flower beds... yeah, i'm crazy!

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!