Monday, July 9, 2012

A Letter of Thanks


Thank you so much for everyone's kind words and excitement for MR & I.  I really can't explain how it feels to have you all flood my comments and email inbox with such sweet words.  It means so much to have had so many of you follow along with me for YEARS and watch my love life fall into place.  You watched my heart be broken, watched it heal, and then you watched as I found the love of my life.  It has really been quite the journey.  You've all helped me along, be it through email conversations, sweet comments or texts and calls.  I hope I am able to do for some of you what you have done for me.  
It's been a week since we got engaged and oh boy, it has been a whirlwind.  It's actually starting to sink in now and we'll have to start making some decisions soon.  
First up, choosing a song.
Any recommendations?  Yes, I know this isn't technically the first thing you're supposed to accomplish when planning a wedding, but HEY, I never said we were normal.  We wanted to pick a fun task first!
Otherwise, life has been carrying on like normal!  Did I tell y'all I took on a regular person daytime job on top of Lacey in the Sky?  I did and well, it's showing on the blog.  I am swamped!  Hopefully I find my groove soon and can manage working 8-4, sewing after work and finding time to do things I like such as kissing my cute fiancé and blogging ;)

Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple $50 gift card giveaway!

7 love notes:

  1. Choosing a song has been THE hardest task for us so far! We've been engaged 7 months, and are getting married in a year... I feel pretty sure that we won't pick a song until the day before because it has to be JUST RIGHT. Good luck, and congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it depends on your type of music and since it's been a minute since i can remember what type you like i'll list a few different suggestions.

    walk me down the middle - the band perry
    inevitable - anberlin
    i won't give up - jana kramar (probably one of my favorites)
    entwined - tim myers


    just a few off the top of my head. good luck! oh and i am soooo excited to watch the wedding planning. i've been with ya for years and will be for years to come :) xoxo love your

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just discovered a new song - i don't know what style of music you like.. well, yes i kind of do. but i am IN LOVE with 'we got us' by caanon smith.

    music is kind of my ish right now while helping with this other wedding, so i'll send some your way as well :)

    still so happy for you two! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and I danced to By your side by Sade. Not a very current song. But we love it.
    Rascal flatts bless this broken road is always a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby and I danced to By your side by Sade. Not a very current song. But we love it.
    Rascal flatts bless this broken road is always a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and I love it!! Congrats on your engagement too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just got engaged the end of June and choosing the song was the first thing we did as well! We chose I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz. He and I have been through a lot together in the years we have been together and have stuck by each others side through it all! The words were just beautiful for us! Once you hear 'your' song there will not be a question!

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!