Friday, October 26, 2012

Video Killed the Radio Star [aka Netflix round up]


I completely use and abuse Netflix "Watch Instantly".  Like, daily.  I watch tv shows, movies, documentaries, whatever!  When do I find the time to watch all this Netflix goodness you ask?  Why, bath time, of course!  I set my laptop up, face it towards the bath tub and get my rub-a-dub-dub on.(That sounded down right dirtaaaayyy.)
One of my favorite things to stream on Netflix is anything filmed in the 90's.  It's just so chock full of childhood memories for me.  The way I look at it now as opposed to when I was 13 is so different!
Dawson's Creek
Joey is a biatch.

High School Dawson is such a titty baby.

These kids love the term "psychobabble".

Joey and Harry Potter's Mom's had the same name.  Maybe they're related?

Katie Holmes must have had "singing at least once a season" in her contract or something.  She really should have left that stipulation off.  "Awkward" doesn't really cover it.


Verdict:  Love it as much now as I did then... I just find the cheese factor super high.  I was apparently a super cheesy kid because I can remember making direct Dawson's Creek quotes to boyfriends. Bahahaha!


 Ben was a grade A butt face.  Really, Felicity?  Noel was right there pining for you all along!
Felicity's hair itself was an entirely separate character.  Personally, I liked Freshman year crazy hair Felicity.  It suited her!

I'm still confused about that last episode... 10 years later and I'm still not quite sure about everything!

I truly believed that the problems Felicity faced as a college student were going to be my real life young adult experiences as well.  I'M SO GLAD THEY WEREN'T.

Felicity was a stalker, but we loved her anyway.

Verdict: Still love it, of course!  You definitely see just how fictional it is once you're a real live, boring, old  grown up though!

4 love notes:

  1. I've been watching the same shows! ha-ha. I remember thinking that those shows represented "real" problems....like if I had gone to college in New York, all that stuff would've happened to me and my friends that happened on Felicity. Craziness.
    Also...how is it possible that "My So Called Life" and "Freaks and Geeks" only lasted one season? Both brilliant shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny! I never did watch Dawsons Creek... but Felicity was on right when I went to college... sure brings back memories! Not necessarily the same stuff she dealt with - more like remembering my college years 'cause I associate it with when I watched that show. Oh, and the clothes were the same. And the hair. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love Dawson's Creek!! I am a Pacey girl all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Dawson's Creel. I can watch it over and over again.

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!