Monday, September 13, 2010

NFL Kickoff Date Day

Last Thursday, the MR. & I headed into the city(new orleans) for the NFL kickoff & Saints game.
We signed up to get tickets for the free Dave Matthew's Band & Taylor Swift show, and whatdayaknow, we got them. So off we were on our little Thursday outting.
We grabbed a 'It's noon on a Thursday & I'm drinking beer' and took a stroll.
Yep, you can do that here.The city wasn't overly crowded yet & we were able to just enjoy it & not worry about losing one another in the craziness. We had lunch and drinks & before we knew it, it was time to head over to Jackson Square where the concert was being held.
4pm
5pm
6pm
thank goodness we made our way to the front pretty early on

DMB came on an hour and a half early to play a mini-concert for everyone.
They were only commissioned to play 2 songs for TV.
[See Dave on the big screen behind my hand?)
The parade rolled through & the TV concert portion began
[MR was having a hard time keeping his eyes open in pictures, and this is what I got when I asked if he could kindly keep them open for at least ONE picture)
Taylor Swift came out looking adorable as always. If you watched it on TV, it probably looked a little more magical than it did in person. She was precious, but the performance was lack luster.
I still like her though :)
However, i would like to see her in something besides a silver dress. She wears A LOT of silver dresses, right?

Then DMB came back out and tore it up. It was crazy good.
(once again, MR's eyes are half open:))
So glad we went! There are few other ways that I'd want to spend a Thursday :)

8 love notes:

  1. Sounds like a blast!! Don't you love that Dave Matthews:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a fun day! ANd I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE DMB live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of that concert! But I have to say, I don't know if I would actually pay to go see her. Just because her dancing skills are really lacking and she is far too white to be wearing that red lipstick! Okay, okay, maybe I just pick out things that annoy me because my mr. is in LOVE with her. I don't get it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 observations.

    1. My daughter has that same exact owl ring.

    2. My husband also can never keep his eyes open in pictures. So I complain. Then the rest of the pictures that he's in looks as though he's getting an anal probe.

    3. We had tickets to see DMB in concert a few days ago, but decided at the last minute not to go because it was too fing hot. Now I'm wishing I would have gone. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun times!!
    I saw Taylor Swift in concert way before she was anybody and loved her from the start. She's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a lot of fun! And while I love Taylor Swift her performance on TV was a little lackluster as well. I think she's a great song writer and guitar player, and can sound great on CD when he songs are mixed, but really she can't sing live. It's a little sad to think about that a famous singer can't really sing unless it's fixed in a studio, but even so I'll continue to love her music!

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!