Friday, May 11, 2012

Saving money for a good cause

I was contacted by Campus Book Rentals asking if I would plug their business, and I automatically thought "But I am not in school"... nonetheless, I like to read every email I get and respond whether I am interested or not.  I skimmed the rest of the email and that's when something popped out at me...

Some perks are: 
-save 40-90% off of bookstore prices 
-free shipping both ways 
-can highlight in the textbooks 
-flexible renting periods 
-we donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented 


Are y'all familiar with Operation Smile?  I am sure everyone has seen an advertisement for them in the back of a magazine at some point in their lives.  Every three minutes a child is born with a cleft — often unable to eat, speak, socialize or smile. In some places these children are shunned and rejected. And in too many cases, their parents can't afford to give them the surgeries they need to live a normal life.  Operation Smile is a charity that provides much needed surgical services by medical volunteers and relies on monetary donations to help cover the costs of medicine, surgical supplies, transporting medical volunteers, etc.


Arfiase, before and after surgery
via
Look at the difference in this sweet girl's overall demeanor?  How can you not want to help?
If you don't have a need for college books either, but would like to donate click here.

So here I am, talking about Campus Book Rentals, because a) I love a good deal, and even though I can't take advantage of the deals... it doesn't mean you guys can't.  And b) I love a good cause.  A good deal donating to a good cause?  5 stars from Lacey.  I AM being paid for this post, but the only reason I agreed to write this is because I feel passionately about helping others AND saving money.  I am also donating the money I have made from this post to Operation Smile.


I decided to look up a book to see what the savings were.  I found this marketing book on Campus Book Rentals for $35.15 for 130 days.  So then I googled it and found it at it's original price of $224.95.  Holy Moly.  So I decided to check Amazon, who is known for their great prices and found it for a discounted rate of $165.29.
So I guess if for some reason you want to buy the book, Amazon is the way to go... but I encourage you to rent!  Why not?  You get to treat it like your own and then don't have to worry about trying to sell it after!  PLUS you get to feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that some of that money was donated to Operation Smile and is going to positively impact someone's life.  (If you currently have books that you are trying to sell, Campus Book Rentals does buy books.  So that's worth looking into.)  


1 love notes:

  1. i need to pin this or something! so glad you did this post - i've rented before from chegg, but i love this way more!

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!