Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Check yo'self before you wreck yo'self

Every once in a while, I get completely overwhelmed with life.  Whether I have something big going on or I am just drowning in everyday tasks... overwhelmed is overwhelmed, folks!
Here are a few things I do to try to get back on track and take better care of myself!

CLEAN
no way...get a swifter...
[somebody introduce this chick to a swiffer]
It may sound silly, but nothing works as quickly to put me in a better, more relaxed mood than to have a clean space.  I will work/live more efficiently if the space I am working/living in is neat and organized.  Organize your space and feel instantly lighter!

TAKE 5
5 stretches to do in the morning. I could do these while praying. A better option than hitting the snooze alarm. :)
[clean your feet first. hers? not so clean. what's up with that?]
Sometimes it's five minutes in the morning to stretch, or five minutes in the middle of the day to shut my eyes and breathe, five minutes before bed to pray, five minutes on the porch swing in the evening to listen to the birds.  Take five minutes and do what you will with them!

SNIFF SNIFF
::pumpkin spice candles::
[fall, take me away!]
Think of a smell that makes you happy.  Maybe it's cookies baking or coffee.  Or maybe something more fresh, like crisp apples or fresh laundry?  Go out and buy a candle with your "happy scent" and fire that bad boy up next time you're feeling stressed.

SLEEP

[In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, AMEN!]
We NEED sleep.  There is no way around it.  Call it quits an hour early and get a little extra shut eye.  It will make all the difference come 10am the next morning.  10am is when I hit a big old wall of sleepy. I start daydreaming about my bed, my pillows, the breeze from my ceiling fan hitting my face, my dark bedroom.... whoops, there I go!

LISTEN UP
"spinspinspin"  By smile its shan [dailytexanonline.org]  Shannon on Flickr!
[okay, okay... maybe your song is easier found via youtube, but this photo was much dreamier, alright?]
You know when you're driving in your car and a song comes on that just changes your day?  You're dancing, you're wiping tears, you're smiling... whatever.  That song that makes you feel something?  Stop what you're doing and put that song on!  BOOM, mood changed.

There you go, five things you can try next time you are feeling utterly overwhelmed with life.
Don't say I never gave you anything!

1 love notes:

  1. Seriously you hit the nail on the head with these. I definitely can't function if things are not clean and organized. I constantly have candles going to make me and the space I'm in happier.

    ReplyDelete

You've always been my favorite... don't tell the others!